Friday, 20 February 2015

# 398 Tortilla my way

This tortilha is not only quick and easy to make but also very tasty. I usually make it when I need a meal fast or when there's some leftover ham or chicken in fridge. In this instance I fried the potatoes but you can make it healthier by boiling them.

I recommend using a heavy duty frying pan suitable to go in the oven, it makes things a lot easier as you don't need to try and flip the tortilla. Every time I tried to do this I always ended up with a messy plate of food but not anymore.



Tortilla my way

Potatoes, cut into thickish rounds
2 to 3 eggs
Leftover ham or chicken, shredded
Half of a medium chopped onion
Chopped parsley
Pinch of salt
Drizzle of olive oil

Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC.

Start by frying the potatoes.

Meanwhile drizzle the frying pan with a little olive oil and put on a low to medium heat.

Whisk the eggs with the chopped onion, pinch of salt and parsley.

When golden brown remove the potatoes from the frier and season with salt. Place them in the frying pan making sure they cover most of the bottom of the pan. Spread the shredded  ham or chicken on top and pour the egg mixture so it covers the potatoes. Allow to cook for a few minutes until golden brown underneath. Then place in the oven until it's cooked through. This doesn't take very long, only a few more minutes.

Serve with a nice green salad.

Enjoy.

Paula