Monday, 14 April 2014

# 393 Cheat's pizza

Although I enjoy planning and preparing meals for my husband and son I have to admit I don't like cooking for myself alone.

Usually a bowl of soup and a slice of bread or fruit and my lunches are quickly sorted without any fuss or lots of washing up to do afterwards. If you're like me you may like this suggestion for a "pizza" for one. You can change the toppings to use up any leftovers you may have lingering in the fridge which is what I did when I made this for my lunch the other day.


Cheat's pizza

1 thick slice of bread
1 tablespoon leftover chunky tuna in tomato sauce (you can find the recipe for it here)
A few cubes of cheddar cheese

Preheat the grill.

Lightly toast the bread to crisp it up a little. Spread the tuna and top with the cheese. Bake under the grill for 5 or 10 minutes until the cheese melts.

Meanwhile prepare and dress a green salad to go with the "pizza".

Enjoy.


Paula