Shell from the blog Bits and Bobs has kindly nominated me for the Liebester Blog Award. Although I won't be passing this along and nominating other blogs I thought it would be fun to answer her questions and to list a few random facts about me as requested. Ready? Here goes.
1. What was the 1st record you ever bought?
I've no idea unfortunately. I remember I had a Suzy Quatro record and as a teenager my idol was Rod Stewart.
2. Where is the most beautiful place you have visited?
I love where we live now. We're right on the edge of the Costwolds, surrounded by beautiful countryside and are lucky to have a medieval deer park only a short walk away.
3. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Pig's testicles! I didn't know it at the time and was only told when the meal was over.
4. Why did you decide to start blogging?
To keep a record of the things I make, places we visit and favourite recipes.
5. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
I'm sorry to say I'm not a pet person so I wouldn't have one.
6. What was your favourite book as a child?
I loved Malory Towers and The Famous Five books by Enid Blyton. In my early teens I was a big fan of the Trixie Belden books.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I think I'm already there as I love where we live now.
8. What has been the most disastrous thing you have made or baked?
The list of culinary disasters is as long as my arm. Sometimes I forget to add salt to food, other times I add too much. I've also burnt cakes, rice, meat, etc. But the most disastrous one happened in my late teens when preparing a meal for my oncle, aunt and cousins when I was satying with them in London. I add no notion how much salt to add to food so I used a ladle to measure the salt. You can imagine the rest.
9. Do you collect anything?
Not at the moment but I used to collect postcards and bookmarks.
10. What is your favourite snack?
Does cake count as a snack? That's my favourite thing in the whole world.
11. If you could get rid of any modern technology, what could you happily live without?
I honestly don't know. I sometimes think modern technology over complicates things that used to be very straightforward but I wouldn't like to be without my computer or Internet access.
Now for 11 random facts about me.
1 . My star sign is Virgo.
2. I love walking.
3. I'm a volunteer at our community library.
4. Many, many years ago I worked as a teacher.
5. I love a good whodunit such as Miss Marple, Midsomer Muders, Death in Paradise, etc.
6. I love reading and borrow most of my books from the library.
7. I have only one son.
8. I almost always take my camera with me on my walks.
9. I bake regularly whether it's bread or cakes.
10. I love making things and always have a craft project on the go.
11. I don't like crowds and noisy places.