Wednesday, 15 January 2014

# 388 Chunky tuna spread

I always keep a can or 2 of tuna in my store cupboard for when I need to rustle up a meal in a hurry. Such was the case the other day when I arrived home for lunch and didn't have any soup made or any leftovers in the fridge that I could heat up  quickly in the microwave.

This spread uses only 3 ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to make, it really couldn't be simpler or quicker and tastes delicious.


Chunky tuna spread

1 can of tuna chunks or steak, drained
2 eggs
1 or 2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Hard boil the eggs. Meanwhile toast a slice of bread and, in a bowl, flake the tuna with a fork.

When the eggs are cooked through, peel them, cut them into pieces and mix with the tuna and mayonnaise. I like my spread to be fairly chunky so I only mix until all elements are combined.

Spread on the toasted bread and enjoy. You can also spread this mixture on cream crackers or use it in sandwiches with finely sliced tomato and some romaine lettuce for added crunchiness.

Any leftover mixture can be kept in a food container with lid in the fridge for a couple of days.

Paula