Thursday, 19 September 2013

# 373 Books & Bracelets

A friend of mine has been sorting through her large collection of cookbooks and I've been the lucky recipient of a few of them.


My 2 favourites are these which apparently tie in with a cookery series called Farmhouse Kitchen produced by Yorkshire Television and shown from the early 70s to the late 80s.


I wonder whether I can find any episodes from the series on YouTube! I was a teenager in the mid 80s and not really into cooking so this wouldn't be something I'd watch. How things change!

Another friend has sent me these bracelets as a birthday gift.


There was also a pair of the most comfortable and warm handmade slippers and a kumihimo disc which is what she made the bracelets with.


I found instructions online for a simple 8 strand bracelet and I can tell you this is addictive. You can make a bracelet from start to finish in well under an hour.

These are the ones I made, they're not as well finished as my friend's but they're not too bad for a first attempt.


If you like carrying a craft project in your bag for those moments when you can't do anything else but wait this is the ultimate portable project as you only need the disc and some cotton thread.

Paula