Wednesday, 19 June 2013

# 359 A walk in the countryside

I've been nursing a cold for the past few days and although it's not too serious it does seem to be taking its time to go away so my energy levels have been somewhat low.

Today however the sky is blue, the sun is shining and it's warm, perfect conditions for a long walk and that's exactly what I did earlier today but instead of my usual brisk walk I adopted a more leisurely pace noticing little things here and there along the way.


On a different note, do you feel self-conscious when taking photos on your walks on your own?  I don't know why but I do. I spotted the small snail above among the very tall vegetation by the side of the road, after looking left and right to make sure no one was about I quickly got the camera out of the bag and knelt down to take the photo and just at the moment a cyclist rode by! The same happened when I was taking the photo below, a FedEx van went past. Both times it had to be when I was on my knees by the side of the road and among the grass!



Hope you're all having an equally sunny day.

Paula