Wednesday, 24 April 2013

# 343 Knowing the place where you live

When I go for a walk I usually follow the path through the churchyard, past the church and the church tower.

Last Friday me and a friend were lucky to have been given a private guided tour of the church which dates back to the 13th century and it's beautiful, I loved the stained glass windows especially. I didn't take any photos then as I felt it would be rude to do so while our guide was talking but I'm planning on going back again to try and take some photographs.

The "cherry on the cake" though was an unexpected climb to the top of the church tower to see the view. And what a view it is, well worth the difficult climb and descent.

Berkeley seen from the top of the church tower.

There's more photos on my Flickr here if you'd like to see them.

Paula