Monday, 8 April 2013

# 339 Chicken baked in beer and mushrooom soup

This dish is my own invention and because it worked so well I thought I'd share it with you. Hope you enjoy it. You can use beer with or without alcohol and I imagine onion soup would work as well as the mushroom soup I used.


Chicken baked in beer and mushroom soup

Chicken pieces
Plain flour
Olive oil for frying the chicken
1/2 can of beer
2 to 3 tablespoons mushroom soup powder
Pinch of salt

Pour some flour in a zip lock bag, drop each chicken piece into the bag and shake to make sure it's well covered in flour.

Fry the chicken pieces in a pan with a little olive oil until golden brown. You may need to do this in batches to make sure the chicken fries instead of stewing.

In a bowl mix the mushroom soup powder with the beer, season with a pinch of salt.

Place the fried chicken in an ovenproof dish, pour the beer and mushroom soup mixture on top and bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through.

Serve with white rice and/or chips and a salad.


Enjoy.

Paula


Pssst - I don't know if you've noticed but I've added a link list of all my recipes published on this blog. I thought this would make it easier to look up any recipes you may want to try.