Friday, 8 February 2013

# 323 Fluffy pancakes

It's Pancake Day on Tuesday, did you know?


These are lovely and fluffy and really do justice to the name, A, was not so keen on them as he thought they tasted too much of the natural yoghurt but I loved them. I got the recipe from the Morrisons website here but you can read on if you don't want to click on the link. This is the other pancake recipe I use quite often and they're A.'s favourites.

Just a note before I move on to the recipe, I made a couple of little changes to the original recipe namely I mixed the oil together with the eggs and yoghurt instead of using it to grease the pan. I also heated a small knob of butter in the pan to grease it before adding the pancake batter.

Fluffy pancakes

175g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
25g caster sugar
2 large eggs
200ml plain natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the centre.

Beat together the eggs, yoghurt and vegetable oil and pour into the well. Beat well to form a smooth batter. Heat the pan and add a small knob of butter, when it's melted drop tablespoonfuls of batter into the pan making sure they're set well apart (I made 2 pancakes at a time).

Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes then flip over and cook on the other side until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter adding a little more butter if necessary.

I served mine hot with honey and blackberry jam.

Enjoy.

Paula