Wednesday, 16 January 2013

# 315 Marshmallow Crispy Cakes

A few years ago when A. was taking a keen interest in cooking I bought him this book from the charity shop. Unfortunately he's since lost interest apart from offering to lick bowls (when I'm making a cake) or doing what he calls "taste tests" :-)


This recipe is from that book and makes a delicious sweet treat to include in children's lunch boxes. Next time I make this I'll try adding other ingredients to see how well they work out, I'm thinking different types of nuts or maybe granola for a healthier option.

Marshmallow Crispy Cakes

250g toffees
50g butter
45ml milk
115g marshmallows
175g puffed rice breakfast cereal

Lightly brush a 20 x 33cm roasting pan with a little vegetable oil.

I lined mine with baking paper.

Put the toffees, butter, milk and marshmallows in a pan over a low heat and stir until the toffees and the marshmallows have melted. Add the cereal and stir until well mixed. Pour the mixture into the prepared roasting pan, level the surface and leave to set.

I put mine in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.

When cool and hard, cut into squares, carefully remove from the pan and put into paper cases to serve.

Enjoy.

Paula