Monday, 3 December 2012

# 302 Decorating the library for Christmas

In our house we usually put up the Christmas decorations on the 1st day of December but this year we broke the tradition and helped decorate the library for the festive season instead.

This is my modest contribution, I spent many hours cutting things out, glueing, painting, etc. and enjoyed every minute of it. Would you like to see the result of my labour? Here it is then.


This cardboard village is a Martha Stewart's project and you can read more about how it was put together on my other blog here.


These branches were also cut out of cardboard with the holly leaves and the berries made from cardstock. This display will be added to later on when me and the children make some cute Christmas birds to perch on the branches. Meanwhile I've cut a few more leaves and berries as I think the branches look a little bare.


Most evenings for the past 2 weeks were spent folding and cutting paper snowflakes, 172 in total and I still need to cut a few more to go an a window. I really like these snowflakes, they turned out better than expected.


And finally, my book Christmas tree which looks nothing like I thought it would. I got the idea off the Internet but unfortunately it looks like it's been squashed. I'm so disappointed with how this turned out I almost feel like undoing it all.

Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?

Paula