Saturday, 2 June 2012

# 221 Jubilee cakes

I admit I love cake so when Dawn from Rattling On challenged other bloggers to bake a cake for the Jubilee and to post a photo of said cake I couldn't resist taking part.

I've just had a quick look at Dawn's cakes and other people's too and they're so much better looking than mine I'm almost ashamed to show my efforts here but it's all in good fun so here they are. On Thursday I baked this pineapple cake, it was so light and moist it melted in the mouth. I added a couple tablespoons of the pineapple juice to the batter and then soaked the cake while warm with some more juice. The whipped cream and the fact that I kept it in the fridge made this a very refreshing cake, perfect for a sunny day.



Earlier today I baked this butter cake. It's made of 3 layers sandwiched with whipped cream and strawberries, so delicious!



I'll post the recipes for both these cakes very soon.


Paula