Thursday, 19 April 2012

# 203 Rich Chocolate Cookie Slice

I hope you're completely recovered from the chocolate consumption over Easter because the recipe I'm posting today is very...hum...chocolatey!

The original recipe is from the book "Cookies, biscuits, bars and brownies" by Catherine Atkinson but I think you know what I'm going to say next don't you? And you're right, I did make a few changes as below for no other reason than that we don't really like white chocolate (one of the ingredients listed in the original recipe) and I wanted to use up some marshmallows and bits and pieces of chocolate bars I had in the fridge. I think there's a lot you can do with this recipe, I've made it a few times and everytime I added different things: chopped up walnuts or Brasil nuts, granola, etc.


Rich Chocolate Cookie Slice

275g combined weight of dark chocolate, aero chocolate bar, roasted almonds and raisins
130g butter, diced
90g digestive biscuits
Handful of mini marshmallows

Grease and line the base and sides of a cake tin (I used the brownie pan with removable bottom) with baking parchment.

Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir gently until melted.

Break the digestive biscuits into small pieces. Finely chop the almonds and raisins. Stir the broken biscuits, the almonds, the raisins and the marshmallows into the melted chocolate until well combined. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and pack down gently.

Chill for 2 hours or until set. Turn out the mixture and remove the lining paper. Cut into slices with a sharp knife and place in a plastic food container in the fridge.

Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee or slip one in your child's packed lunch as a special treat.



Paula

3 comments:

  1. Can you make these using white, instead of dark chocolate? Either way they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original recipe calls for 275g fruit and nut plain chocolate and 90g white chocolate. I guess if you wanted to use only white chocolate you could.

      Delete
  2. These look great! Aswell as fool proof!!! I must try making these!

    ReplyDelete