Tuesday, 13 March 2012

# 192 (Belated) February craft's review & calendar page for March

Lately I've been putting my sewing skills to the test with a few craft projects namely with the hand pieced table runner shown in the mosaic below. This was so much fun to make, I used a technique called English Paper Piecing (EPP for short) where the different pieces are sewn together by hand to form a motif, almost like making a puzzle really!


I've also been experimenting with Tunisian crochet (top left) and I've embarked on a big project: to sew together lots and lots of fabric hexagons to make a duvet cover. This is a long term project, very long term in fact as I intend to sew it all by hand so come back in a couple of years or so to see the end result ;-)

Oh, and here's my handmade calendar page for March.



Paula


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a great crafting February! Really like the runner you've made and I must try my hand at Tunisian crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a busy month! It boggles my mind that you are going to sew an entire quilt by hand- I don't quilt but I can imagine the amount of time that will take!!! Marvelous :)

    ReplyDelete