Tuesday, 28 February 2012

# 185 February photo scavenger hunt

It's time for another scavenger hunt hosted by Kathy from Postcards from the P.P.

For one reason or another I haven't been out much so most of the photos below are old photos taken in previous years.

Photo taken 2 years ago on a visit to Lydiard House, Swindon. I'm terrible with flora and fauna names so I'm not sure what these are called. Does anyone know?

Ok, not exactly black and white but almost. This photo must've been taken 1 or 2 years ago and it's the church tower here in Berkeley. The tower was actually built a few metres away from the church. The story goes that when the church was being built and work began on the tower, each morning the workmen would find that the previous day's work had been demolished. People started saying it was the work of the devil and the workmen actually started to believe this as each morning the same would happen so they would keep moving the tower further and further away from the main body of the church until it arrived at the location it is now.

Empty benches on the Cotswolds Way overlooking Wotton-under-edge.

900-year old Berkeley Castle.

This photo was taken one evening in October 2011. I looked out of my kitchen window and there was this amazing double rainbow in the sky, I quickly grabbed my camera and was still able to capture it.

One of my early handmade cards.

The February page of the calendar I've been making.

This is a decoupage picture I made for my mum, I love the background paper which was cut from a page on a very old music book.

In October 2010 we went to the Forest of  Dean Railway and travelled on a steam train. This is one of the stations, I think it's called Parkend.

A lovely bowl of homemade soup with a slice of homemade bread.

Old trains at the Forest of Dean Railway.

I couldn't find anything for cupid so in desperation I turned to the dictionary.

You can see what others have come up with here.


Paula