Saturday, 4 February 2012

# 178 January photo scavenger hunt

Kathy from Postcards from the P.P. is the brains behind this Scavenger Hunt. I'm still missing 2 photos from the list she drew up for the January challenge but I've just realised that if I don't post my photos now I'll be too late so here goes. If you'd like to see what others have come up with just follow the link above.

Taken sometime ago at Blenheim Palace, I was trying to get a really close up shot of the little ones but the parents looked so threatening I gave up.

Are these doves? Anyway these 2 have been around my garden quite a lot.

Blurred reflection of a tree on one of the lakes at Woodchester Park.

Side entrance at St. Mary's Church in Berkeley.

This is the most interesting thing in my bathroom at the moment!! I really like the colours with the light from behind, somehow it reminds me of stained glass.

Photo taken last month on a short walk around Coaley Peak viewpoint in Gloucestershire. You can see the River Severn in the distance.

Map at Coaley Peak viewpoint.

Messy room at Stackpole. Taken last July when my son and his class went to Stackpole for a week.

An odd number of pine cones.

I love could gazing.


I'm off now to see what others have posted.

Paula

11 comments:

  1. I love the blur and in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I like 'soft' 'in the distance' and 'blur'! Yes, your 2 are collard doves:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blur photo too and soft. Those birds are collared doves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 'blur', the 'distance' and the 'soft' ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the messy room photo reminds me of what my son’s room “could” look like, if not for the persistent nagging of his parents (that’s us), to keep it picked up.

      And those vicious looking ducks w/little ducks. I’d certainly keep my distance as they’re known to attack with little or no warning. I’ve witnessed it first-hand in London—nutty Londoners trying to get that “special” shot and end up with a bruised finger.

      Delete
  5. Hi Paula, I love the blurred reflection - and great takes on soft and odd too. Love to see what others come up with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed checking out your photos even if you didn't manage them all.

    The 2 birds are 'collared doves' by the look of it, we get a lot of them visiting our garden in fact there are quite a few baby ones about at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment on my blog, I too liked your pictures of soft, didn't think of clouds till I saw your picture. I also liked the warning picture.
    René

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots - Love your Blur!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the blur one is great, the pinecones are fab too.
    Thanks for visitng and leaving a message.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete