Wednesday, 7 December 2011

# 158 A special delivery

Inside the latest packet I received from my mum was this.

 It's salty cod, a fish much appreciated in my home country, eaten all year round but with special significance at this time of the year. Traditionally families get together on Christmas Eve and eat poached cod with boiled potatoes and various vegetables all with a generous drizzle of good quality olive oil. I can just imagine many of you are probably going Eugh! which is understandable as this is like Marmite you either love it or hate it.

In a previous packet mum has sent me a few table cloths including a Christmas one which I'll be using this year. The crochet edgings are her work as is the cross-stitching which she learnt from me a few years ago and look how neat and tidy it is at the back as well. Well done mum!





Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment