Friday, 23 September 2011

# 127 Fridays recipes: Saffron's brownies

It was my son's birthday yesterday, 12 years that have gone by so fast I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

When asked what he wanted to do for his birthday his answer was stay home and have a especial meal only for the 3 of us and so I spent most of yesterday in the kitchen cooking chicken curry, meatballs in spicy tomato sauce, basmati rice, flat breads and of course the dessert.

Instead of a traditional birthday cake I made brownies which I then cut into small circles with a cookie cutter and made the mini towers you see below.



This is the perfect brownie for chocoholics although personally next time I make this I'll use dark chocolate instead as I found the milk chocolate a little too sweet, I prefer slightly bitter chocolate.

If you want to try this brownie recipe you can find it here, I didn't make the topping and a good thing too as it really doesn't need it unless you're going for a chocolate overdose :-)





Paula