Thursday, 14 April 2011

# 60 Recipe organization

For the last few months I've been working on and off on my recipe filing system trying to find a way of keeping my many recipes organized so I can more easily find what I want when I want it.

After many searches online looking for ideas and inspiration I finally settled for a lever arch file system. I'm using 2 of these one for savoury and the other for sweet recipes.

I'm still working on my savoury recipes binder but the sweet recipes one is finished. I've divided into 4 categories:

Tarts/Pies
Biscuits/Cookies
Cupcakes/Muffins & other small cakes
Large tin cakes

I'm also using A4 plastic pouches to help keep the recipes clean and to protect them from damage. I've taken some photos to show you my recipe organization system.


Lever arch file with lockable clip to keep pages in place.

Making the most of the space available by putting together several cut out recipes.

Recipes cut out from magazines/newspapers are kept back to back for easier reference.

How do you organize your recipes? What works for you? If you have photos anywhere on the web/blogosphere of your recipe filing system that you'd like to share here too you can add your link and photo below using Inlinkz.



Paula