Thursday, 31 March 2011

# 55 Mother's Day

Different countries throughout the world celebrate Mother's Day on different dates, in Portugal it falls on the 1st Sunday of May to pay homage to Mary, Mother of Jesus but here in the UK Mothering Sunday (as it's known) is on the 4th Sunday of Lent which is next Sunday. So, I decided to make my mum a little gift for her to use when doing her sewing.

I made her a pincushion which I know she doesn't have and wrote a tutorial too which you can find on my other blog, just click here to see it.

This is the pincushion I sent my mum, hope it gets there in time!


 And this is the one I made for the tutorial, I haven't decided yet if I'm keeping it or gifting it to someone.






Paula

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet gift! I really need to make one for myself. I'm going to go check out the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete