Monday, 28 February 2011

# 42 Mini kitchen garden

We're lucky that we have a small garden at the back of the house with a very small sort of "patio" area which we use as a kitchen garden. I'm not a keen gardener and my skills are very basic in that department but I do like the idea of picking my own herbs, salad and vegetables. Somehow they seem to taste so much better than bought ones and are much less expensive.

So, last week I checked with an online farmer's almanac to make sure the phase of the moon was propitious and I got to work mixing soil with manure (not the best smelling job!) and sowed peas, coriander, basil, rosemary and lettuces. I also sowed some flowers for my hanging baskets. I do hope they all grow.


The white pots were made from paint buckets cut in half and with a few holes on the bottom for drainage.



Paula