Monday, 6 December 2010

# 23 Nigella's Buttermilk Scones

Having watched Nigella make her delicious looking Buttermilk Scones on TV last week I just had to try them out as soon as possible, so yesterday was the perfect day it being Sunday and all of us being home.

I love scones and have tried several different recipes over the years but none so delicious, light and moist as these. Unfortunatley mine didn't turn out as pretty as Nigella's but I'm blaming that on not having a proper cutter which is now at the top of my shopping list for next week :-)


 
Despite not looking very pretty they tasted heavenly with clotted cream and homemade jam and a nice, hot pot of tea. If you'd like to try these you'll find the recipe here.

One other thing I wanted to show you is this.





Yes, I have finally finished the Christmas cards I'll be sending family and friends this year. They took me much longer than I thought they would but I'm quite happy with how they turned out and I especially like the look of the machine made blanket stitch.



Paula

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for your comment.
    You didnt try syrup on your scone then, lol!

    X

    ReplyDelete