Thursday, 25 November 2010

# 19 A cold day + A hot cup of tea = Homemade biscuits

I love baking especially on a cold day and it has been very cold here in the UK in the last few days; the result of that is 2 new biscuit recipes tried and tested and very much approved by the 3 of us.

The 1st recipe I tried was the Choc-Chip Cookies recipe from the Stork booklet/web site.




I made a couple of changes namely:

- I didn't add the vanilla essence.

- Instead of chopped walnuts I used chopped, roasted almonds.

These cookies spread a lot while baking so you shouldn't try to bake too many in one go as I did or you'll end up with a batch of funny shapped biscuits instead of nice round ones! The ones you see in the picture above were from my second batch.

The 2nd recipe is called Lemon Biscuits and is from the Biscuits Recipes site.



Again I made a few changes as follows:

- I used plain flour instead of self-raising flour to which I added a teaspoon of baking powder and half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.

- I added the juice of half a lemon and used orange and lemon peel of which I added a  lot more than the recipe says, just a little over 100g.

- I also cut down slightly on the amount of sugar.

We loved both types of biscuits although A. says he prefers the Choc-Chip Cookies while my favourites are the Lemon Biscuits. Why don't you try them for yourself to see which are your favourites?



Paula