Tuesday, 23 November 2010

# 18

The last few days have been very productive craftwise. I have finally finished my blanket which is now on the bed looking gorgeous and have managed to make a few other items as you can see below.


Warm night slippers for mum.

Warm day slippers for mum.
 
Peg bag made from lefotver cotton yarn.

My 1st pair of wrist warmers.

I love my wrist warmers which I made Saturday evening to take on our Sunday outing to Wightwick Manor and Gardens in Wolverhampton. Although the house looks old on the outside it was actually built only 113 years ago.


Wightwick Manor and Gardens, Wolverhampton.

We found this scarecrow in the kitchen garden, it has a cute face don't you think?

The inside was furnished under the influence of the Arts & Crafts Movement and is rich in wallpapers and fabrics by William Morris and ceramic tiles by William De Morgan. Their patterns are beautiful, full of colour and detail, if you do a search online you'll see what I mean.




Paula